Skip to main content

Nuevo Amigos


There is something that I just love about meeting new friends, particularly its great to meet people who speak a different language than you do, there is a purity and warmth when two people are doing there best to communicate simple thoughts using rudimentary language skills that is simply unmatched in same language communication.

After all, if you believe the idea that we are vibrational beings (i know I do) then regardless of our language skills, we pull the people to us who have the lessons we need at that time, so for me, the inner work I have been doing is to practice non judgement, this is no simple task, we are trained from birth to make snap judgements about people, I have been in sales virtually all my life, and commisions live and die based on your ability to read someone (judge) so as I travel this amazing journey, I am always amazed how quickly the attraction of vibration serves me.

I have done a fair bit of picking up hitchikers this trip, the first of which was a born again christian from the state of Jalisco. He was traveling light and found me at a roadside restaraunt, when he got in the car, I asked if he liked music, (Tu Gusta Musica? when he reacted in a negative manner, I chalked it up to mi malo espanol, when he began to get preachy, I did what I always do in these situations, and that is to talk about religions history, to try and get that person to demonstrate to me what good religion is in the society, not to be confused with spirituality, but religion, as the business of fear and control, killing in the name of God we rode together for several hundred kilometers, he spoke almost entirely of judgement, of fire and brimstone, and most interesting was how many things he hated, Hate, hate, hate, this taught me an amazing lesson in Love, Love, Love, we split up in La Paz, shortly after he had a minor fit when a beautiful young surfer girl ordered chicen tacos con Queso for her dog, I explained to him that many people in estados unidos actually cook for their dogs, and to accentuate the shock value of this statement, I told him of how my friends (tia y tio Saldita) not only cooked for the dogs but often shared a fork, (if only I was as lucky as Phred) for him this just wound him up, (I am not labeled The instigator for nothing) Lesson learned praticing non judgement takes patience and is mucho trabajo... Next was the four surfer boys from the earlier post, Lesson learned If you can dream it, you will live it. On the ferry to La Paz I met a substitute teacher from San Diego, his life was devoted primarily to raising two children as a single father, he traveled with music, and took near orgasmic pleasure (or so it seemed) from the rituals of smoking his Cigar, there was a level of peace and tranquility that pervaded as soon as he began the smoking ritual, he was immersed in pleasure, not unlike swimmimg in a cool river on a hot day he literally bathed in it, the smoke washing over him, to hear him speak of his children was pleasure enough, but to hear him speak of his work was a cherry on top! Lesson learned love your work, revel in your pleasures and be thankful your feet are not a size 14! next was Miguel, he volunteered his time helping to save La Tortuga, we smoked, laughed and drank our way through the day, I forced my music on him at high volume, and we just laughed as I butchered the spanish language, he is spending his life looking out for mother earth and all her children. Lesson Learned Love your Mother! Next was the 8 young kids schoolboys, they jokingly threw out there thumb, I stopped and they were aglow, standing up on the inside of the roll bar, yelling at there friends as we passed I dropped hem in town a kilometer or four up the road, Lesson Learned: laugh hard, live sin fear Enjoy! This brings me to Puerto Escondido, where kindness reigned supreme, we can talk about that later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Home

I am back in the US, its not by choice I assure you, but when the universe speaks, all we can do is listen, then act accordingly, its no problem to resist, (as long as you enjoy a steady rain of blows falling on you), and its been my experience that the universe can pack a wallop when you choose a course different than the one she has plotted for you. So after attempting (yet again) to follow my own agenda (as a replacement for whatever the universe seems to have in mind for me) I relented after much deliberation and pointed myself north, stashing the trailer and magic carpet temporarily at my new friend Rolando’s. I had a last order of Tostados at Antojitos and drove north against a virtual gale force wind (the final blow to strengthen my resolve I assume) The wind made sure I took it easy and had plenty of time to decipher exactly what was missing from my equation, my list ended up something like this: 4 wheel drive truck (or no magic carpet) Laptop Computer (or no blogging) Sell Boa

La Chingadera heads for home

Its not often in a persons life that an opportunity arises to drive a 1973 Volkswagen thing from California to Costa Rica and get paid for it. For me the call came in July of 2007, I had more or less forgotten that I had even put the car up for sale, and I was sitting at my sisters farm in beaver creek Oregon when it did come, I don't remember the exact words that were spoken, but it went something like this; I want to buy your car, will you take 8000 for it? would you be interested in delivering it to Costa? Yes seemed like the right answer at the time so thats what I said. Between monsoons, hurricanes, and missed connections, some months passed before we had all the details worked out, agreed on a plan of action, and money and titles changed hands, but somewhere near Thanksgiving of 07 I found myself planning the details for the Sunday drive of a lifetime. Trying to get out of the country was not the simplest task for me, since having fought a bout with cancer a couple of years

Somewhere north of La Paz

When one decides to drive to a remote beach deep in the baja there are may things one must first consider, such as; Is there air in the spare? Do we have enough water? How about beer, should we grab some? How much gas do we have? Tires are solid. Will there be food? Quanto Kilometros to la playa? Donde es la calle de costa. Many questions, yes many questions indeed. For me I prefer to do a cursory map check (it’s usually the tiny squiggle I cant even see) Then turn to mi amigo Eduardo and ask aya or aqui? So tonight 60 km of crushing dirt roads later it is nearing sunset and we sit on el Pacifico, our kidneys bashed, the Toyota is hot, the waves crashing on la mar, we are in a small valley that drains onto the beach, sunset is a golden glow of liquid light, we are semi stuck in deep sand but no matter, there are many whales spouting off shore and its absolutely incredible its un perfecto campo (except for maybe the deep sand and low charge on the power chair that effectively leaves me